Cosmic Spoon - ramblings of a modern day psychic

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Is remote viewing becoming too mainstream?

This weekend as I write this there are a few hundred alleged RV practitioners right now sat in front of a small group of past remote viewers and the creators, listening to old war stories and magnificent tales of the possibilities of RV.

But is this (IRVA annual conference) the actual death knell for the art of remote viewing, is the move to try and make a psychic practice mainstream and acceptable by closed minded people also the method that has made the field boring, stuffy and predicable. I see the IRVA conference and what it stands for and for me it has all the feelings and aspirations of something like those kind of conferences where proctologist sits around, do lunch and tell funny stories. All the time eagerly mentioning the possibilities that the future holds, but never actually really doing anything to reach for those future goals.

Look - I don’t want to down the IRVA but I just don’t get it. Yes I would like to hear and see RV legends like Ingo Swann, but I also want to see exciting new moves forward in RV, new method ideas, new discoveries, great new projects, but however hard I try I just don’t see it. All I see is science and old stories.


I don’t know maybe it’s just me, but I feel that in the attempt to make remote viewing fit into a scientific/serious subject makes the heart and personality of RV disappear. It’s no wonder huge personalities like Courtney, Dames and Calabrese gained the headlines I can see now why. They all radiate a passion, a sense of wonderment and discovery, and an itching- hyperactive air of continual movement in trying to take RV forward and although they made mistakes I really miss this positive, beautiful attitude that I just don’t see in the mainstream attempts.


So rant over – I really do wish them (IRVA) the best – but I don’t think I can don a grey suit and join them, I want something more for RV.

1 Comments:

  • "A great leader's courage to fulfill his vision comes from passion, not position." -- John Maxwell

    By Blogger PJ, at 8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home